ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
Department of Electrical and Electronic
The Department of electrical and Electronic Technology was established at Integrated Polytechnic Regional Center Kigali City in 2007. Over the last few years, our first graduates will serve the society in key positions and will made tremendous impact to the development of Rwanda in its evolution from an industrial-based to knowledge-based economy.
The field of Electrical, Electronic and Telecommunication Technology encompasses many exciting technologies such as electronic, electrical, telecommunications which have been among the fastest growing and most challenging technologies that enable the development of the modern information-based society.
A characteristic of our Department is that we cover electrical, electronic, and telecommunication technology all under one roof, which provides tremendous opportunities for cross interaction both in terms of teaching and professional services in above mentioned programs and allied hands on skills.
AIMS AND PHILOSOPHY OF THE Advanced Diploma in Electronics Telecommunication and Electrical Technology.
As a developing country Rwanda has a huge need for technicians/engineers in different domains to improve the welfare of its population and to sustain the development of its industry. That is particularly true in the domain of electronics telecommunication and Electrical technology.
Also, part of the Rwandan Vision 2020 is to make Rwanda a knowledge-based economy. Information and communication technologies are expected to play an important role to achieve that vision. Therefore a constant injection of technicians/engineers in this field into the Rwandan economy is needed. The current programme is there to provide that function.
The main aims of this programme are:
· To develop the students’ knowledge of the theory and practice of electronics telecommunication and Electrical technology necessary for them to secure employment as professional electronic, electrical technicians /engineers in a wide variety of industries.
· To develop students into graduates able and motivated to continue learning throughout their careers to meet the challenges of a changing world.
· To produce graduates who are able to take up higher studies in electronics telecommunication and Electrical technology in national or internationally recognized institutions of higher learning.
· To produce graduates well trained in entrepreneurial skills which will make them be good nucleus (seed) for establishing more spin-off enterprises in the area of electrical and communication Technology.
The programme shall be open to local and international students interested in pursuing a career in Electronics Telecommunication and electrical Technology. The programme will be open for full-time or part-time; however, the minimum enrolment shall be mandatory for either mode of delivery. There is no restriction based on age or gender for admission into the current programme. Therefore no special consideration of age or gender is taken into account in the design and delivery of the programme.
SPECIFIC ADMISSION CRITERIA
The following shall be the minimum criteria for admission:
· Candidates should be at least senior 6 pass (Scientist field according to the current combinations)
· Candidates from technical secondary schools with a good pass in Electronics or Electricity will be also considered.